Tortilla Pie

This is a Martha Stewart Food recipe. I modified it everytime I make it but I am posting the original recipe: Its considered the Express Lane recipe ... will have to research to refresh my mind as to why :) I think it's the one grocery bag equals 5 meals? 4 flour tortillas, 10 inch (I use wheat) 1 tbs olive oil plus more for pan (forgot the last time I made it and lost the bottom layer) 1 med onion, diced 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes salt & pepper to taste 2 tbs tomato paste 1 lb ground beef (I used chicken from the can!) 3 garlic cloves minced 1 pkg (10 oz) corn kernels 3 cups loose spinach (never used) 2 cups shredded mont. jack cheese (I use whatever I have on hand) fresh cilantro for garnish (I'd be banished from house if I used!) sour cream (optional) Preheat oven to 400 ... use paring knife & trim tortillas so they fit the bottom of a 9" springform pan (I skip this whole thing and use a pie pan!) Heat oil in large skillet, cook onion, cumin and red pepper flakes and salt & pepper til onions are softer. Stir in tomato paste & raise heat to med high. Add meat & garlic, cook, braking up with spoon, til no longer pink. Add corn & spinach & stir until spinach wilted (or til corn is a bit defrosted) Place 1 tortilla in bottom of pan. (oops, don't forget to lub up the bottom of pan with oil or spray!) spread evenly over top 1 1/2 packed cups of meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with last tortilla on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes til lightly brown. Run knife around edge & remove sides of pan (if springform). Use 2 large spatulas, lift pie and transfer to cutting board or large plate. Cut into wedges & serve with sour cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs