Muffins

Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Muffins In my quest to find the ‘perfect’ muffins for teens, I’ve tried this one out. I’m not even going to include the topping as it burned on top (could be my oven, who knows??) 1 ¼ cup oatmeal 1 ¼ cup milk 1 egg ½ cup veggie oil ¾ cup brown sugar ¾ cup chocolate chips 1 cup chopped pecans 1 ¼ cup flour (all purpose) 4 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt *I didn’t use pecans as ds doesn’t like nuts* Combine oats & milk, let sit for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin (12 cup). Stir egg, oil, ½ cup brown sugar & chocolate chips (if using pecans, add ½ cup pecans) into oatmeal mix. Combine flour, baking powder & salt. Add oat mix to this. Stir til just moist. Fill muffin tinss 2/3 full. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar (and pecans if using). Bake 20 to 25 minutes. NOTES: you can add a bit of cinnamon & vanilla. I didn’t and these still turned out good. My topping (brown sugar, butter & flour) burned to a crisp on these AND of course, the muffins did not rise. I think it’s cuz I pressed down gently to keep topping from rolling off. They are tasty, but wouldn’t say the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs