Jesus Camp

A&E had the movie on today, Jesus Camp. I’m sorry, but I found it very disturbing. Very much so. I was raised Catholic. BUT prior to attending consistently Saturday night mass with my grandfather til his death, my parents would allow other parents take us kids to church services. I dreaded one family. They had 8 kids, all girls. And they all had long hair, kept up in buns. They also only wore dresses. And they idolized & worshipped the father. Does anyone recognize any of that? I thought up until recently that they were LDS but of course, it all came out today while watching this movie. The children, standing there, arms up in the air, sobbing, crying their hearts out, in a trance. Yup, been there, done that. Oh man, that used to scare the crap out of me. The pastor/minister, whatever he was, would YELL, I mean, SCREAM at the young kids if they were not crying & begging for the lord jesus Christ to come into them. I am 45 years old, and watching this show made me cry, literally. It brought back such BAD memories. I was made to feel like a bad kid because I was not being possessed by Jesus and crying & welcoming him in to my heart during those sermons. Now the little girl, who calls certain churches “dead churches”. Huh. I really don’t know what to say to that. I would really like to know what these kids are doing now, 10 years from now, 20 year s from now. Just curious to see if they still have this firm belief and conviction (I say brainwashing) but if the real world has expanded their horizons and therefore opened their minds up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs