True Confessions

Really. A real, bonafide confession. I do NOT like vegetables. I do NOT serve vegetables. I have never forced my children to even try something, if they had this belief that they would keel over and die if they tried a food on their plate. I am a bad mother. Oh heck, look at Princess. There. It's out in the open. WAIT. Princess was caught once eating a head of brocolli like an apple right out of the fridge one time. And I seem to remember having to remove her from an appetizer table as she sat there and ate all the veggies from the trays, double dipping no less! Sonny boy on the other hand, is an extremely difficult kid to feed. I have given up for the most part. 16 and a half years later, I pretty much tell him this is what I'm making, if you don't like it then go make something else. And don't forget to do the dishes when you are done! I DO try to incorporate veggies into my diet. I mean, I eat salads. I eat some veggies, mushrooms, peppers and so on. But don't even think of brocolli, cauliflower, green beans/wax beans or any of that sort, those will pretty much get flicked across the room! I really do try. I just tried green beans last week. No go. Same with brocolli a few weeks back. Same results. An a girlfriend made me some asparagas...boy, I felt so bad telling her no thanks after my taste. Grrr. I want to like them, really, but I can't do it. So, I just stick with my salads. BIG salad to try and offset the lack of green stuff found elsewhere. And a minimal amount of dressing. I will keep trying. Maybe someday, I'll say "Hmmm, that's pretty tasty". But I don't know. I am trying the Eat More Fruits and Veggies Challenge over at Heavenly Homemaker, and do make large platters of cut fruit and carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes and cukes, but that's it. Uggg. So there. It's out in the open. If it's green, chances are, it's not on my plate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs