Recent Happenings

I've been busy, life interferes, and so on.

Princess is in Arizona. They actually had snow the other morning. Actually, because she is a Florida Native, I believe it may have been more like sleet, but to her, it was snow!

Princess also has pneumonia and has been on 4 days rest. Which makes her very upset as she does not want to miss any of the crash course classes that are going on. I am worried as 3 days in to the zpac, she is still pretty darn sick and in pain. I keep asking if they are aware that she did not get the H1N1 vaccine since she was sick at that time too and they would not give it to her (I'm sort of thankful for that but can't help but wonder if maybe that is what she has with the aches and pains in her legs & such). She said she would guess they know that on her medical records. Ok.

We did our usual Halloween trot down to for the big Halloween contest. This time, my neighbor and I agreed to let the teens come along as long as they stayed with us. Ummm. It was a little freaky to hear the 17 year old girl say "look at the giant d**k" and "did you see the va***a over there?". Ummm, yeah, it is pretty much adult orinted but they are growing up. And it made them happy. Usually sonny boy wants nothing to do with "drunk adults acting like idiots" but I guess because there were a few others his age he agreed. They finally asked if they could leave and go get pizza which we gladly let them go as the night was getting later, and a little crazier and out of control. All I can say is that its so great to be able to walk home a few blocks and finish the night off on my own patio with friends.

November 1st sort of holds a little dread for me, as always. Hubby's 50th birthday, his dads birthday, Thanksgiving, Princess 19th birthday, Sonny boy 17th birthday, the big BOAT PARADE party, Christmas, and a few other birthdays ... and then New Years. Uggg. I am NOT a party pooper, it's just generally a pretty stressful time for me with all the activities. But this year, I'm keeping it low profile. We will do our boat parade party as always, but I am not going to knock myself out this year.

I also want to make a FULL November menu plan. I've been doing pretty well with the grocery spending and would like to continue that through the end of the year. There is finally room in the garage freezer to put stuff in, such as the 2 1/2 gallons of ice cream ... and still more room. I need to get rid of a chicken spaghetti tray in there. I didn't care for it too much the last time and kind of doubt that it will be any better this time around (and unfortunately, the recipe from PW made a TON) ... that will free up quite a bit of room

I have some great $2 off a turkey coupons, found them on some bottles of wine, along with $1 off pizza and $1 off fresh bakery bread. My local store has had the single serve pizza for $1 so I've been buying a few everytime I stop at the store to get free pizza. Of course, the freezers do not have that much room (see above about the ice cream) but still trying ... and I've been using the $1 off bread to buy $1.19 baquettes for 19cents ... sweet. I've told my friends that we spend thanksgiving with to be sure and get my coupons for the $2 off BEFORE they buy ... since we try and get the 10 to 12 lbs birds for frying, this would make a fairly cheap turkey ... woohoo!

Ok, it's early still, I didn't set my clocks back last night, we didn't go to bed until almost 2am, and I've been up for a few hours already. May as well make some good use of my being awake ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs