Labor Day Festivities and Teens

We decided (again) to let the kids invite friends over and have a BBQ on Saturday in honor of the last weekend of Summer, technically!


Sometimes I ask myself why we subject ourselves to this ... then think that its often better than trying to entertain adults.


After all, with teens, simply give them food, healthy refreshments, a pool, and some music and they are all set to go, and perfectly happy.


Sure, I know, alot of adults would be happy too, but some not so much :)


So, we have a houseful of teens coming over on Saturday. Maybe like 20 or so? There will be a couple of adults, like our friend from Colorado, Sonny Boy's g/f mom and aunt & uncle, maybe my neighbor. But really, it's for the kids. And I'm excited. Here's what I'm thinking of having for the food stuff:


Layered Bean Dip
Oriental Salad
Layered Southwestern Salad
Pasta Salad
Baked Beans (I'm sure Hubby wants to make some)
Burgers (with tomato slices, lettuce, onions, pickles)
Dogs (with mustard, relish, onions, etc.)
Chicken (maybe)
Fresh Tomato Stuff
Chips and Dip (regular HRV chip dip)
Fruit Platter (watermelon, cantelope, strawberries, grapes, blueberries)
Celery and Carrot Platter (and maybe some sliced sweet peppers!)
Brownies or Cookies (have both mixes for ease)
Cupcakes or Cake (leaning towards cake for time saving)
Sodas, Water, Gatorade in cooler


I have just about everything except the fruit stuff. Nice having a full stocked pantry and freezers for parties!


I told hubby I'd like to set up the little canapy thingy and tell the kids they can set up and play out there (music) but not so sure if it's really a good idea. They'd have to do it during the daylight hours and I don't know how they'd feel bringing all the equipment outside? But what fun that would be for them and their friends?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs