Dieting and working out - the Frugal Way!

One of my goals for the New Year was to lose weight and just be healthier. Granted, I only need to lose maybe 10 lbs to be happy.  Hubby, on the other hand, needs to lose a bit more and he's finally admitting it.

To NOT be the nagging wife and drill in to him to not eat that and to do this, I've just made the choice to try and be a little healthier (for those who look at the pantry challenge, you MAY not see how that is but there are quite a few veggies mixed in here and there with a lot of lower fat/sugar items).

Hubby has researched all the paid for diets out there, weight watchers, nutrisystem, quick weight loss centers, and so on. The problem with them, even though they are shown to be proven, they are EXPENSIVE. Heck, some of those programs cost twice as much as my grocery budget for a month. So he's stepped back from any of the programs (not to mention, I hate that you have to buy their food?!) And of course, we even looked in to some smart lipo but ummm, that doesn't really fix the real PROBLEM now does it?

I've also managed to convince him (for now) that we don't need to buy into a gym membership. Who wants to wait in line and use equipment that someone just sweated up?? Not to mention, we have stuff here in our own home. Allow me to list the items:

Bowflex (Sonny Boy DOES use it daily, so no, it's not 100% clothes hanger)
Freestanding Boxing Bag (I will be using this once princess is getting up early consistently - it is loud)
Freestanding reflex bag (same as boxing bag, I love this thing!)
3, 5 and 8 lb dumbbells and then 2 dumbbells that total 30 lbs each once all weights are on
10 lb medicine ball (with a handle to make more like a big kettleball)
DVDs - P90X, 30 Day Shred, Billy Blank TaeBoe, Wii Active and Wii Fit

Uh, yeah, we have a lot of stuff now that I typed it out. And I'm sure there's more. But my point is, we don't need to join a gym.

What we do need is to get focused.

Stop spending so much time on the PLANNING of doing it and just DO IT.

I have been working out fairly consistently except once I got this cold, I haven't. But I haven't been eating either so that means no energy :( I need to get back to posting my daily work out routines on the blog for motivation and accountability. You do know that it doesn't take much to see results!!

Real quick, if you are interested (or doing) the weightwatchers, there is an excellent site with excellent recipes over at Gina's ... I don't count points but do like her recipes!

Also, doing the Atkins, or LowCarbs does work (excellent way to get rid of the bulging belly) but it's not really a lifestyle change, I don't think. I've done it a few times, and consistently lose about 6 to 10 lbs in a month without doing it 100% every day ... but once you go back to fairly normal eating (not full carb) you start to gain and creep back up  again.

We ALL know the cause of weight gain. And we all know the solution to it. Less Calories In, More Calories Out. Decrease incoming, Increase outgoing ... blah blah blah!

This is linking up with Jessica over at Frugal Fridays, Life as Mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs