Menu Plan Monday - the Pantry Challenge Continues

Here it is the last day of the first month of the New Year!! It did fly by!  I am going to continue with the pantry challenge only because I really have a lot of stuff to use up still (freezers AND pantry!) and hopefully continue to save some money in the meantime. I do have a few thoughts though on the "rising" cost of foods but will get around to that on another post ...

If you are looking for some menu ideas, hop on over to Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday ... tons (like 100's) of others are linking up!

Monday (hubby leaves for Houston and this IS day 31 of Pantry Challenge) - grilled cheese and tomato soup (canned) ... easy night as I will be getting home later than anticipated

Tuesday - macaroni and cheese (I will only make half this recipe as it's just the 3 of us eating)

Wednesday - Chicken Cesar Pasta Salad (will use the precooked chicken I got from Costco a few weeks back ... need to try a different method than baking as suggested to reheat)

Thursday - tacos (taco salad for me) and chips with salsa

Friday (hubby is BACK) - pork in crockpot ... still working on WHAT I want to make

Saturday - most likely with some friends, if we are hosting, I'll pull out some chicken and grill

Sunday - Super Bowl Sunday baby! Looking at some Chicago style dogs OR Chili Cheese Dogs and the usual stuff like bean dip, etc. :)  Since neither one of my teams are in (Bears or Colts!) we won't be hosting a party (that I'm aware of) but the kids may still have a few friends over ...

The only thing I need to get this week would be hot dog buns and maybe cheddar cheese?

Is anyone else continuing on the the Pantry Challenge?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs