Mexican style rice in the rice cooker

I'm not sure if this is working or not. My rice cooker keeps turning to warm and I KNOW it can't be done yet ... but I suppose I will get up and check on it.

Since I'm making these sour cream enchiladas for dinner, thought I'd get some rice done and out of the way this morning.

Rinsed 2 cups of rice til clear.

Dumped rice into the rice cooker bowl.

Took lid off a can of fire roasted tomatoes.

Grabbed my NEW immersion blender, stuck it in the can and let that baby rip. Woohoo! That was a cheap thrill for the morning!

Dumped 2 1/2 cups of tomato-y stuff in with rice (by the way, 1 can measured 2 1/2 cups worth).

Mixed it up a little. Added a dash of water (less than 1/4 cup) ... and fired it up.

Flipped back to cook 2 times. Probably done now.

*note: the cup measurements are the rice maker cup ... MY rice cup is really 2/3 of a REAL measurement so follow the directions of the rice package OR your rice maker, don't mix and match - which is what I did*

Because I've messed up on the measurements...I've had to add more water to make the rice cook (crunchy rice anyone?) and turn the cooker back on several times AND add some more water ... but still beats a pan on the stove with a lid flippin and spittin steam :)  I will have to see what the rice queen aka Princess says about it ...

Looking for some other ideas on this Tasty Tuesday? Head over to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and see what other's are doing (and admire the photo taking skills of a professional food stylist!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs