The Dangers of Browsing

Food blogs, that is ... I was over here and there and then landed at Ezra Poundcake.  Ummm, like night and day, wouldn't you say?

Of course, it's like 6:30 or so, and I'm beat, my body aches (damn gym) and feeling lazy. But alas, I'm also feeling a twinge of guilt for the feeding of the animals this week since Hubby's been gone.

So, at 6:45, I scrub 4 large potatoes. Placed them on a baking dish, drizzled and then rubbed with olive oil, and gave a sprinkling of salt to them.

Placed in the oven on 425 degrees for one hour. Remembered after about 30 minutes to do the milk, sour cream and butter so it wouldn't be COLD. Cheese is NOT an issue.

Waited for the other 30 minutes to poke the taters and see how they were doing. As I waited, got a whiff of slightly burnt stuff, which then prompted me to dig around in the brain as to when the last time was I cleaned the oven. Hmmm...must have been a while as I don't recall. But the time is definitely here, I can "smell". :)

So yes, instead of my ambitious plans for tacos or whatever was on the menu plan for tonight, I made double stuffed taters. Once those babies are cool enough for me to cut in half and scoop, I will mash the innards with the milk/sourcream/butter mixture which should NOT be chilled any longer, add some cheese, restuff the babies, top off with more cheese and return to oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Sonny Boy keeps pacing back and forth, not quite sure if he smells taters or the burnt stuff.

Oh. You want a recipe? Here you go ... I'm sending you over to EP's site ... dig in and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs