Cleaning the showerhead


This is a repost from a while back because I need to remember to DO THIS this weekend (oh  how I wish I still had my Monday Morning To Do List linkup!)

Of course, linking up with Works For Me Wednesday ... hop on over!


Because I don't wash my hair daily, but do insist on showering daily :) I get really irritated at that stray stream of water that shoots out sideways from the showerhead.

A Martha tip ...

Fill a sandwich baggie with white vinegar (not full but just enough that the bottom of the head will be in the vinegar). Take a rubberband and fit it around the shower head, securely. Let it sit overnight or all the livelong day.

Before showering, REMEMBER to remove the bag (dump the vinegar down the drain) and use an old toothbrush to scrub a little if desired, just be careful not to get in your face/eyes, ok?  Turn on the shower and let the shower run a little before hopping under the water.

And if you are like me, you will be amazed and in awe that a simple little thing like this helps eliminate all that calcium buildup ...

Linking up with We Are That Family Works For Me Wednesday ... lots of other bloggers are linking up with their tips ... you should go check it out!

Comments

  1. I tried this once and can attest that it works. Thanks for the tip though, because I need to tackle it again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs