Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

I discovered Pinterest. Oh my. I've lost a lot of hours this weekend and believe I may have gobbled up any available memory with all the NEW links I've bookmarked. Whew.

And I even tried a new recipe within 24 hours of discovering it ... that in itself is amazing. And that we ALL liked it? Even more so!

Got the recipe from Baked Bree ... and pretty much made it as she has it but I wanted to give credit where credit is due! Not to mention, her  pictures are way better!

1 1/2 c white flour (although, you could use wheat I suppose)
3 tbs sugar
1/2 tbs salt
4 tsp baking powder (um, mine has the date of April 2011 ... its on my list)
1 tbs cinnamon

2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tbs maple syrup (used the last of the real stuff)
1/4 c melted butter
1 tbs vanilla

Whisk the dry ingredients in large bowl. Add liquid ingredients and whisk til well combined

Heat griddle til water bounces around when a drop is tested.

Cook til both sides are brown



Frosting:

1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tbs melted butter
2 tbs milk

Whisk all together til well combined and smooth, pourable mix. If too thick, add a bit more milk, too thin, add a bit more sugar.



Drizzle pancakes with a generous amount of frosting and serve.



*Note. I OVERCOOKED my first batch. They are brown and well, that's how I tell when the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Just keep an eye on them :)

I may never ever make the time consuming cinnamon buns again. Well, for the holidays as I'm sure the neighbors would revolt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs