Grocery Budget

WHAT Grocery Budget??

Since Sonny Boy has been gone (wow, a whopping 10 days!) and probably even BEFORE that since I was doing the pantry challenge in July, I've not made a long grocery list, carried an envelope stuffed with coupons or had to make more than 2 trips to the car to unload.

Yeah, we've been to the store.

A gallon of milk, 3pk of lettuce, half and half was the list on the receipt last week.

This past weekend consisted of a trip to Publix ($30 as Hubby HAD to have his olive bar selection) and the produce store.

But last night. Ahhh. Last night, I told Hubby I'd stop and get him something to sleep...he's fighting the battle of sickness now and is just about down for the count. So I had a few things I wanted, carrots, celery, lettuce, and NyQuil.

And silly me, I swung in to the parking lot of .... Whole Foods.

What was I thinking?

$73 later, I walk out with a few carrots, a package of celery, some grapes ($6?? They better be good), some apples, a small container of baby lettuce, 3 small bananas, ginger root, yummy smoked touville cheese, wedge of parmesan to give Sonny Boy and then....because I had a moment of WEAKNESS and it was 7pm already, and I'm still fighting my cold ...

2 veggie egg rolls ($3.99)
medium split pea soup $4.99
medium chix soup $4.99

orange chicken (5 pieces) $2.70
veg lo mein $3.60

potted parsley $4.99
potted cilantro $4.99

and Nighttime cough medicine $13.99 (all natural).

Wow. I love to go in to Whole Foods to BROWSE but certainly NOT to shop. I mean seriously. The prepared foods section is awesome BUT it's $8.99 a lb for the Asian selection, no matter WHAT you buy ... I'm looking forward to the Fresh Market opening soon ... in about another year??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs