A Casserole

Its a once in a blue moon type of thing for me to say that I made a casserole.

But today, I did. But it's not for us to eat at the house.

It's for Hubby to take with him to the office tomorrow. He has a new employee who JUST moved here from the other coast, and he thinks the guy is flat broke and living in his car til his wife comes and a few paychecks roll in.

That makes me sad. Very very sad. But there is hope in that Hubby must be coming around and be a little more sensitive =D which is a joke, yet not really.

Anyways. When we made dinner Saturday night, he insisted that we double the meat for the grill and made an extra side dish.

To take to work "as leftovers" and to tell the gang that it's too much food for us at home. Hmmm. That's pretty nice honey.

This morning, we were talking about the status of chicken in the freezers and if I wanted to make some more stuff.

Hmmm...How about a casserole type thingy? He just looked at me, well, because, well, read the first line of this post again ...

I googled and came up with this:

Chicken, cheese, rice and broccoli casserole

2 cups water (which I totally spaced off!)
2 cups uncooked instant rice (I used brown) cooked
2 10 oz cans of chunk chicken (have!)
1 cream of shroom soup (had!)
1 cream of chix soup (had!)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk (I did half milk and half reconstituted milk)
16 oz broccoli (frozen)
small onion, chopped (used dried onions)
1 lb cheese food {shudder} (used 1 cup of shredded cheddar)

Mix all together in 9x12 pan (sprayed with Pam first) and bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Stir halfway to mix up.

So I covered mine half way and it started to dry out a little. Ummm....gee, think that's because I forgot the 2 cups water?? Also added a bit of black pepper and some (1/4 tsp) garlic powder (go easy, that stuff is potent). Definately needs MORE seasonings so be sure to add more for your taste ...

It's good though. And I think everyone will enjoy at the office.

I've declared this a Pantry Meal since 98% could be from the pantry!

Original recipe from All Recipes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs