Coco Late Patties

Hubby loves these and I know is anxiously waiting for me to make them. They are so easy (3 ingredients) and come from our friend Martha Stewart ...

The beauty of these is there is no baking of the cookies, but you do need to toast the coconut (note: I used to hate coconut in the bag but once I toasted it, I realized this is how it's suppose to be used! Try it!)

1 bag of shredded coconut
1 bag of chocolate chips
8 to 12 drops of almond extract (to your taste, it's powerful stuff. I've used vanilla successfully too)

Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the coconut in a thin layer. Place in oven at 350 and toast about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove and allow to cool completely. (TIP: I always make MORE and set aside extra in glass jar for Hubby to top stuff with, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, ice cream)

Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Remember that there is a fine line in melting and burning so use caution with the microwave (personally I wouldn't do it that way).

Add toasted coconut (keep the parchment paper and tray handy!) and extract to melted chocolate and stir til combined. Press 1 tbs mixture on the parchment paper, trying to keep a "mound" pressing gently.

Refrigerate cookies til completely set, about 20 minutes. These are best kept cool for obvious reasons =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs