Olive - Y Garden Salad Dressing

I used to make this recipe every stinking weekend and as odd as it may be, THIS is what I would bring for dinner at a friends ... I have an odd group of foodie friends :-) 

Yes, it does have corn syrup and apologies all around, but it does make a difference. If anyone can tell me a suitable replacement, I'm all for it!!

It's a very very thin dressing, not thick and creamy like you would expect .... I would recommend you double IF you like your salad dressing and plan on sharing!


Italian Dressing - just like OG ...

1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tsp veg oil
2 tbs corn syrup (now that I'm a little healthier minded, need to find something as substitute)
2 tbs parmesan cheese (I'd like to say use the real deal, but I've used the green canister in a pinch)
2 tbs romano cheese (if you don't have this, just double up on the parmesan cheese)
¼ tsp garlic salt (or one clove of garlic finely minced)
½ tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp lemon juice

Mix all ingredients in blender til well mixed. If too tart, tame down with a dash of sugar.

NOTES: Best if you let it sit for a while in fridge
I sometimes just put in a jar and shake the heck out of it.
I’ve used all parmesan cheese and no romano (4 tbs) when that’s all I have, no biggie.
Can be doubled.

Wanna see my Hubby do a happy dance for salad? Make this!

Tasting before serving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs