Menu Plan - Week 47

It's that week ... the one where everyone gets all giddy about the BIG feast!

Me? Not so much. I am NOT a huge Thanksgiving fan ... the food doesn't do a whole lot for me ... but as I've gotten older and learned to cook 'better', it's been more of an experiment ...

One of our best friends is a HUGE Thanksgiving fan ... he grew up on a farm and that was like the end of harvest time and for that family, it was a BIG event ... so John always gets me hyped up ... even if I don't do the cranberry/stuffing stuff ... fry me a few turkeys and I'm good to go.

Hubby and I went to the store together on Saturday ... not always a smart move: $35 at GFS (includes a 13 lb turkey) and $119 at Publix (includes a 19 lb turkey) ... I will still need to buy bread and rolls and a few other things (tin pans ... how did we forget the tin pans?)

Sunday - leftover pork roast with black beans and rice

Monday - Burgers and dogs on the grill ... driving to pick up Sonny Boy and back which is a 6 1/2 to 7 hour round trip ... the things  I do.

Tuesday - Pasta with garlic bread (hey, Sonny Boy is back in town)

Wednesday - I'd like to go out to the Tomato Farm but have a feeling we won't ... so leftovers or maybe just order a pizza ...

Thursday - Turkey, what else? Mashed taters, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry stuff, pie, mac and cheese, gravy, cornbread (possibly) and a whole mix up of appetizers. There will be us 4, John and his son (22), my dad, Princess has a few friends (3 or 4) to come over also. I of course will NOT be indulging in adult beverages as I need to give my dad a ride home ... probably when I get back and we are all picking the leftovers is when I'll pop open a beer or something. I do have 4 bottles of champagne that I wanted to share, so maybe I will still ...  we will probably have a few friends stop in early evening to visit after they are done with their family festivities

Friday - Gnocchi Soup (new recipe, watch for review as soon as I make)

Saturday - Hot Browns (stay tuned for updated pictures ... those are HORRIBLE)



What are you planning for the week? Linking up with Menu Plan Monday!

Comments

  1. You know what? I'm not a huge fan of the Thanksgiving food either! Of course, I have to HAVE the cranberry sauce haha. Your menu sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's funny Jean! You make your own or do you do the canned stuff? Just curious that maybe I should expand my taste a bit :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs