Week 5 Menu Plan

Last week of the first month of the new year. Already ... WEEK 5!!

And to think that writing 2013 on everything has NOT been an issue .... oddly enough.

We continue to use what we have on hand, which is plenty ... I suppose you should think of this as menu planning with what we already have in the house without a special trip just to pick up ingredients for a meal ... last week's Costco trip was a little more than I planned, and I also did 6 lbs of ground beef and 2 lbs of chicken breast at The Fresh Market, just because they were $2.99 a pound and well, it's good meat so I went ahead and bought some ... I also stopped at the cool produce store on my way home from Dad's Saturday and picked up about $15 worth of peppers, fruit, celery and some other odds and ends ... 

We stayed up way too late on Saturday night with some friends over ... had steaks and shrooms AND that damn Onion Dip ... I told Hubby that we have to STOP making it every weekend now, it's become a little obsessive :-) ... too much red wine and too many Bourbon Cider drinks ... which reminds me that I really need to get back on track with the healthier way of eating and drinking ... my hands have been really swollen again and pain in all the finger joints, not fun typing to say the least.

AND I am breaking from my daily eggs routine for breakfast and making a pact to use the VitaMix at least every other day for smoothies ... first up with be a yummy-licious EASY BERRY SMOOTHIE ... which is going to use what I have on hand ... hah, imagine that, will ya??

Not a whole lot of anything going on that I'm aware of at the moment so here's what I plan on cooking:

Sunday - never got around to making the chili last week so that's on for tonight ... we may just make this a snacky evening as we have plenty of leftovers too... beef in fridge and rest of ingredients in pantry ... need cilantro!



Monday - Salisbury Steaks in the crock pot with mashed taters ... I am really excited to give this recipe a try and hope to be posting a NEW recipe for you all! Meat in fridge as is the premade taters, balance of ingredients in pantry

Tuesday - chef salad. all in fridge ... may make a batch of honey mustard dressing ... 

Wednesday - chicken thighs and veggies. Chicken in freezer and veggies in fridge



Thursday - chops and green beans. Chops are in the freezer and green beans in the fridge 

Friday - It's FRIDAY and February 1st! Burgers on the grill baby! Will need to buy buns

Saturday - Hubby's choice ... being tomorrow is super bowl, we may keep it low key as I know there are some good eats in the near future! 

Yeah, nothing too exciting although things have a tendency to change at the last minute!

What are you feeding yourself this week?

Linking up with Menu Plan Monday ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs