Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie



 
Really? Really!

I'm determined to make a few smoothies this week and this is another one that uses cherries that I have ... along with some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (which I have) ...

This one was pinned a while ago, and I thought it was a good thing to try and make for Hubby ... huh, I made it for myself first since he's out of town ... don't worry, I made it for him when he got home!

Not difficult, and like anything else, just use what you have on hand ...

1 cup coconut milk (use the stuff from the carton) I was going to use almond milk because I had that on hand, but caved and picked up some coconut milk instead
1 frozen banana (you are freezing your RIPE bananas, right?)
1/2 cup frozen cherries
2 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

Toss all into the blender and let it rip til smooth.

Ummm, hello my SWEET thing ... this was so very yummy ... I was hoping this might fix Hubby's craving for DQ but he didn't like it ... not sweet enough, I bet. Maybe next time I should add a dash of vanilla extract?

FYI - I don't have a cherry pitter, and piting 2 lbs of cherries was NO fun. Not to mention, my finger tips and nails are shot now.  Half way through, I thought, hell, there has to be an easier way than slicing the cherry in half and picking the pit out. THERE IS!!!

Take a CLEAN bobby pin and spread the closed end open some, you know, where it makes the "u" ... then simply push that end in to the top of the cherry, scoop it around the pit and pull upward. That "should" pull the pit with it for the most part :-) Yeah!

Looking forward to linking up with some great blog hops ... make sure you check them out!   Mop It Up Monday, Creative Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Dinner Time Recipes, Show Me What You Got, Made By You Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, On The Menu Monday, Meatless Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, On The Menu Monday, Marvelous Mess, Mix and Mingle, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Mealtime Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, Clever Chick, I Gotta Try That Mondays, Creative Corner Blog Hop, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Tempt My Tummy, Memories, Tuesday At The Table, Tasty Tuesday, How To Tuesday, Tuesday Timeout, Handmade Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Penny Pinching Party, The Gathering Spot, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Tuesday with a Twist, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Show Me What Ya Got, Show Me What You Got, What We Wore/Read/Made, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Show and Tell, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, Wheat Free Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Work It Wednesday, Homemade By You, Lil Luna Link Party, Whole Food Wednesdays, Whatcha Whipped Up, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, Super Link Party, Thrifty Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Crafty Thursday Obsessions, Frugal Food Thursday, Thursdays Treasures, Somewhat Simple, Showcase Your Talent, Simple Lives Thursday, Show Your Stuff, Foodie Friday, Get Real Frugal Friday, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Freakin Did It Friday, Friday Link Party, Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, I Gotta Create, Show and Tell Saturday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Link & Greet, Saturday Show & Tell, Super Saturday Show & Tell, Say G'day Saturday, Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop
 

Comments

  1. Very interesting. We are having strawberry and banana smoothies lately but I hadn't thought to add chocolate chips. Did your chips blend good? Maybe some chocolate syrup would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    Your Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie will be a big hit at the cottage, it looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so good! I need to go raid my mom's cherry tree for this. And I don't have to share with my hubby since he hates cherries...more for me!
    Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs