Happy Hour Friday - Orange Thang

I am itching to go somewhere, anywhere ... I just need a little escape!

Alas, I don't see that happening too soon since Hubby started his new job and honestly, I'm not going to pitch a fit about that!  I was banking on Nashville again for the big 5 0 birthday in May but will have to hold out for a later visit (Besides, Jupiter Island Resort was a quick drive and very very fun and relaxing!) ...

Oh. Wait. You stopped by for the Happy Hour Friday drink, didn't you? Sorry. Sorry. I got sidetracked.



Having never been to Birmingham Alabama, let alone the 'famous' Bottega Restaurant, I couldn't tell you if this really compatible to the "Orange Thing" they serve ... but for an Orange THANG, I'm quite pleased ... 

Here's what you need to make yourself a few yummy, orangy martinis:


1/4 cup good vodka (seriously, spend a few extra dollars and buy the good stuff ... I used a bottle left over from some party of Kettle One Oranje)
2 tbs orange liquor, like Grand Marnier (I used Cointreau as that's what I have)
1/4 cup of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best and absolutely NO pulp allowed in my drink! Umm...I think this Indian River stuff had pulp)
Roughly 2 cups of ice
1 slice of orange, cut in half and small slit in middle for garnish



Dump all ingredients into a shaker, cap it and shake it like you mean it. Really shake it good.

Strain into one two martini glasses (go ahead, for once I used a real martini glass, spill factor and all), garnish with a half slice of orange. Seriously, this made ONE generous martini allowing for a few sips by fellow drinkers around me, to empty out the shaker.

Go ahead, give it a smell and think Happy Thoughts ... who needs a trip to feel special? I don't!

Enjoy!

*NOTE: I had major heartburn after a half of one of these so if  you are prone to heartburn ::sad sad face:: you might want to pop that pill BEFORE you even make this! I still think it was well worth it as I continued to my 2nd drink with regular, quality vodka and liked the 2nd one way better!*

Hubby usually pulls the bottle out and sets it right next to my 
drink if he sees me drinking a fruity drink :-)

Looking forward to linking up with some great blog hops ... make sure you check them out! In and Out of the Kitchen, MemoriesTuesdays At Our HomeHow To TuesdayHandmade TuesdayMaking a HomeShow Me The GoodsTotally Tasty TuesdayAll My Bloggie FriendsShare Your Stuff TuesdayTuesday Talent ShowFat TuesdayPenny Pinching PartyThe Gathering SpotAnti-Procrastination TuesdaysKitchen Tip TuesdaysShow Me What Ya GotWhat's Cooking WednesdayIts a Party!Works For Me WednesdaySugar and SpiceWake Up WednesdayWhatever Goes WednesdayWednesday WhatsitsReal FunWhat I Whipped UpWork It WednesdayLovely Ladies, Weekly CreativeDomestic Superhero, All Things ThursdayThe Weekly CreativeTasty ThursdayFull Plate ThursdayCreate It ThursdayFabulously Frugal ThursdayCrafty Thursday ObsessionsFrugal Food ThursdayShowcase Your TalentThink Tank ThursdaySimple Lives ThursdayFoodie FridayGet Real Frugal FridayFrugal FridaysFood on FridayFreakin Did It FridayFeature FridayThe Pin JunkieFreedom FridayFriday FavoriteFoodie Friday, A peek into my paradiseFoodie Friends FridayFun Friday blog hopTGIF BLOG HOPWeekend RetreatWhat’s ShakinWeekend WondersWeekend PotluckGet Him Feed Anything GoesDwell on FridaysFriday Foodfight, Lil Luna Link PartyFoodie FridayTGI Friday Friday with Friends, Simple Living Foodie FridayInspirationsWeekend WanderWeekly RoundupFeature Yourself SaturdayThe Party BunchI Gotta CreateShow and Tell SaturdayShow Off WeekendShow Stopper SaturdaySweet and SavoryThe Weekend CreativeWeekend PotluckWill Cook For SmilesStrut Your Stuff SaturdaySaturday Show & TellSuper Saturday Show & TellSay G'day SaturdayNot Bad SundayPotluck PartySunday ShowcaseSavory SundaySundae ScoopSuper SundayMop It Up MondayCreative MondayThe ScoopMelt In Your Mouth MondayDinner Time RecipesShow Me What You GotMade By You MondayHunk of Meat MondaySweet Sharing MondayWhat’d You Do This WeekendMarvelous MessMaking It CuterMotivated MondayTime To SparkleMealtime MondayTime To Sparkle, Makin You Crave MondayClever ChickCreative Corner Blog HopMake Your Own MondayMix it Up Monday,  Save Money Monday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs