No-Bake Salty & Sweet Treat

*Hubby's traveling this week so I want to make him something sweet to eat when he comes home on Friday. Since I have everything on hand, I'm making this and wanted to share the recipe again!*

We usually watch FoodTV in the morning both Saturday and Sunday as we putz around getting the bedroom cleaned up and in the kitchen doing stuff ... sometimes I get a little inspiration and other times I get a complete recipe ;-)




Another keeper that I picked up from FoodTV's Trisha Yearwood show ... most of her recipes are super simple to make and use everyday ingredients that you probably already have in stock!  That's what makes this one another winner!

I'm trying really hard to NOT buy premade sweet stuff for the house as I have a HARD time saying no ... but if I have to mix up a bunch of ingredients and PREPARE the sweet treat, I'm ok with that ... at least I know exactly whats in there!

This recipe is really simple, and chances are,  you have everything to whip up a batch right this second

1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
2 cups of pretzel sticks, crushed (um, I tossed mine in the Vitamix and gave it a quick whirl)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup plus 1/4 cup peanut butter (not chunky)
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used regular, whereas she suggest milk chocolate)

In a medium size bowl, mix the melted butter, pretzels, sugar and 1 cup of the peanut butter. Stir til well combined. Press into the bottom of 9 x 13 dish.

Combine the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time til melted. 2 rounds should be enough time.

Mix well to blend, then spread over the top of pretzel mix layer.




Place in fridge and allow to chill at least 1 hour before cutting into small squares.

Go ahead and give this a try, it's pretty yummy!

Looking forward to sharing at some of these awesome blog parties ... go check them out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs