Honey Mustard Dressing - Grain & Dairy Free



I love making my own salad dressings ... I have a much better handle on what I'm consuming when I do so. You know that MOST shelf stable salad dressing are full of funky ingredients, right? So why not just take a few extra minutes and make your own and be healthier?

This is a dressing that I've been making for several years now. Back in the day, it was all about Kens Honey Mustard Dressing ... until I started reading labels. Whoops. The 2nd ingredient was HFCG.


So ... I had to pretty much kick my all time favorite dressing to the curb. *See how it says "Great for DIPPING"?? That's what it was all about for me!

But then I found this great recipe and I've been making it ever since that day!

Here's what  you need:

1/2 c olive oil. I've started to use the "light tasting" stuff for my dressings
3 tbs regular vinegar
2 tbs water
1/4 c honey 
1/4 c grey poupon mustard
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
dash of black pepper

Measure all in a glass jar and mix well. This will taste best if you make it in advance and let it sit in refrigerator for about 4 hours before using.  


Go ahead, use it for dipping! Or just keep it simple and use as a salad dressing ... either way, you'll be glad you decided to go healthier!

Looking forward to sharing at some of these great Parties ... go check them out!

Comments

  1. Ph great recipe! I will have to try this!! I would love if you would stop by and share on my Friday Favorites linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Honey Mustard but have never tried making my own...until now! I will definitely be trying this recipe! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Dream. Create. Inspire. Party. I've pinned and shared and would love to have you join us again tonight. http://tastefullyfrugal.org/2015/09/dream-create-inspire-link-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs